Thursday 9 March 2017

Beautiful memories......Cherry Tree Lane by Kaisercraft.


Hi There,
 I have made a layout this time with the rest of the Kaisercraft Cherry Tree Lane papers. Such beautiful, vintagey colours and patterns and a real pleasure to create with. I decided to use a wedding photo of my Dear Mum with her Daddy, from way back in 1966.


I based the entire layout on a sheet of Kraft cardstock and then laid a sheet of Quill over it, which I distressed the edges on. The photo was a little over a 5 x 7 and I decided to cut an oval aperture for it to sit in. I cut the oval a bit smaller than the photo and then snipped and rolled back several sections to create a curled frame.


 I used a script stencil and added some Texture paste..... unfortunately this just didn't work very well and was rather blobby in patches which is a great shame. But hey ho....never one to be beaten by a crafting product, I just got out some Cosmic Shimmer spray in Gold and sprayed and splattered across the page ( this made me feel a bit better!)

A length of cotton lace was fixed across the whole width of the layout and I then
 took the sheet of  Telegraph and a sheet of Correspondance and cut lots of elements out which I scattered in various place about the page.



By layering up the flowers and letters/ephemara etc it adds a little texture and depth but without adding bulk.


I fnished the page by adding some small pearly swirls, teeny blossoms and a lovely chipboard title (from my stash). I think the Cherry tree Lane collection is absolutely beautiful and you can find it HERE in the shop, along with lots of other Kaisercraft Collections

Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.