Sunday 3 February 2013

T is for Texture Paste....Feb Challenge at Scrapology

This month over at Scrapology we are lifting a beautiful layout by Heather Jacob  and we are being challenged to use Texture paste on our pages.
 I have never used this product but have often admired other peoples work using it. Well what can I say?? I LOVED playing with it and I really REALLY enjoyed making this layout. I cannot remember the last time I felt like this about a page and I know it probably sounds daft, but I really feel like my mojo could well be rolling back to me....hopefully :).

Probably helped that I played with my absolute favourite colours too lol and also broke out some old OLD stash that I have had for a long time....that little plaque is from the very early Basic Grey days...not sure if its Motifica or Sublime, but it is def old lol.

I used a 12 x 12 Harlequin mask to spread the paste through and added in some teal acrylic paint in patches. I broke out my old seed and bugle beads and glued down in patches too....waste not want not! LOL....looks a little like eyelashes doesn't it.

A sprinkling of bling, blossoms and yummy AC Thickers ( again in my absolute fave colour!!)

I printed out some butterflies that were over on the awesome Swirlydoos site and then 'Stickled' them up.


Here is Heather's original, beautiful page that we were lucky enough to lift....gorgeous isn;t it!

And here is the sketch that we worked from.

Why not pop over to the Scrapology blog and look at the beautiful examples by the DT....we would LOVE to have you play along with us for this months challenge and you have until 5th March to enter
 
Jill at Cardinal Colours has come up with another fabulous prize this month.
Embossing Paste in Matt Black
and Glossy White
and some
applicator sponges.










                                                           So....come on, get 'pasting!'

6 comments:

  1. Glad your mojo has returned with such umph Anita. This layout is stunning. So much to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layout as always Anita. *Ü* Love the texture. Those girls of yours have growwwn so quick. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning Layout Anita, great colours, details and photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a stunning page. I love the 'shabby chic'ness of it. I try constantly to make pages like that, but can't do it. I'm far too linear. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely comments ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.