Sunday 29 April 2012

Every Day is a Special Occasion....

but some days are just a little more special than others.I made this layout for a class I have recently taught and used the beautiful papers by My Minds Eye from their Lost and Found II range called "Blush". so pretty and sparkly and just perfect to scrap this photo taken of us going out for Lauren's 16th Birthday meal.
I I hand cut a random wavy edge all around the base paper and backed the whole page onto a sheet of Bazill Bling. I gently inked the edges and then repeated the same on the photo mat ( although I did use large scallop scissors to cut the mat).
I used a Bon Bonnerie net to create the skirt and simply folded it up, cut a small slice in the paper to poke it through and fixed at the back of the layout. I then just finished off the waistband with a couple of mulberry roses and some pearls.
 
I cut the bunting and birds from another sheet of paper from the range and added some flat pearls on each lacy banner. I used strips of crystals to edge the photograph and then finished off the page using 2 delicate flourishes that were die cut using the beautiful Valerian Flourish by Memory Box

I hope you have better weather where you are than we are having here. The winds are horrendous and have created havoc in our back garden and the rain ( although much needed)just doesn't seem to stop for long does it. Oh well, never mind. Enjoy whats left of the weekend....I am just off to make bacon butties ;) Warmest wishes Anita xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh just beautiful! Love the skirt. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful feminine layout Anita, fabulous way to remember the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout-love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning layout and I just adore that sweet net petticoat on the dress x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.