Thursday 8 December 2011

F is for Filter over at Scrapology

This is my DT layout for December over at Scrapology.
I had great fun creating it and I am really pleased with how the back ground came out, I used white and blue tissue paper that I scrunched into PVA all across the cardstock. When it was dry I dry brushed it with acrylic paint and then rubbed silver acrylic paint across it too. I used my filter to make the punched cirlce. To start with the filter chewed up in the punch, so I popped it between 2 sheets of copy paper and then punched it again....voila! It works perfectly like that and not a chewed up chunk in sight!!!
The flowers are made from long strips of twisted tissue paper too.







For December, Scrapology chose to lift a super layout by Pamela Young.


We were challenged to create a page using 'filters', you can buy filters from Fancy Pants, or create your own with coffee filter paper, tissue or other papers. They can be used as they are, or they can be coloured with mists or paints. They can be pleated, cut, bunched or scrunched. We
Here is the sketch for this month that we followed




Our lovely Jill from Cardinal Colours has donated an Echo Park Merry Christmas Collection Kit with coordinating cardstock.




Here are a couple of close ups of my page for you to see :)


Why not pop over to the Scrapology blog and see what the rest of the DT and this months guest designer have created.....then take part yourself! We would love to see what you create.

Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Anita and so original. Love the idea with the scrunched tissue paper background - never seen that done before.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.