Thursday 3 November 2011

November with Scrapology...F is for Fabric Flowers

This month over at Scrapology we have chosen to lift a lovely layout by Hannah Young, please go and enjoy a visit round her blog Handmade Hannah

Here is my contribution to the DT. I used papers from Prima and scrapped the photo of our eldest, taken at an awards night ceremony.

*** I know the layout looks really crooked round the edges.....but its not....honest!! ***



The flowers are made from some satiny type fabric, I sprayed the flowers and the doily with some Cosmic Shimmer spray. I die cut some sprays of leaves and also added some crystals. I also printed out some butterflies, Stickled them and then totally coated with a thick layer of Glossy Accents, which then dried and they look almost ceramic.


I took a 2nd sheet of the same background paper, cut out the little girl and the balloons and then raised them up on foam pads. I added some Stickles, Liquid Pearls and then, when dry, I coated them with Glossy Accents.

This is the sketch that we worked from

And this is the original layout created by Hannah.

If you would like to play along with this challenge then you have until Dec 5th to create and upload, we ask that you create flowers from fabric, lace or ribbon and that you also work from the sketch above please :)
Really hope you are inspired to enter....as always there will be a super prize to be won.
Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Anita - I am looking forward to having a go at this one.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout as always Anita. Lovely photo of Lauren too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita... How long since I last visited your blog? Too long. Loving this layout. It must have taken you ages to cut out the decoupage layer...well worth it though. Looks stunning.
    off to have a nosey at your other posts.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Anita. I love the little girl image - hadn't realised it was cut from the paper until I ready you decription. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this LO Anita, so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.