Sunday 24 April 2011

Chocolate Nests and Layouts!



Happy Easter Everyone!

I hope you are having a really lovely day today, it's certainly another corker isn't it!

I made some Devils Food Cake choccy nests and took some to our picnic with friends the other day...and we have finished the rest today ;), they were rather yummy.
This morning we went to a huuuuuuuge boot sale. i got a lovely skirt, brand new with the tags still on for Lauren....for the pricely sum of £1!!!!!! I bought 4 rolls of pretty wallpaper for......wait for it.........£1 for all of them!!!!!!! And I bought 2 punnets of strawbs, a bag of grapes and 3 mangoes for....yep....£1!!!!!!! So a lovely fresh fruit bowl will be on the menu later.



I had forgotten that I hadn't posted a couple of my layouts that I made at our Blossoms retreat last month. This first one was made using a paper from Websters pages and is really simple and basic, but i really like it. It shows Chloe picking Blueberries, Loganberries and Strawberries in my Aunt and Uncle's lovely garden in Devon where we were lucky enough to spend a weeks holiday last year.
Here is the other page....another basic one. I used some of the lush papers from Echo Park collection, which i purchased at Cardinal Colours, along with the cardstock. The yellow letters are AC Thickers and the larger doily of the 2 was made by cutting a circle then clipping round the edge with a MS punch, the small doily was made with a MS punch and I also used a MS punch to create the yellow strips down both sides. The photo is of our 2 girlies and their cousins when they were ready to go to my youngest nephews Christening last year....check out that car!!!
Right, thats me done I think, just off to nibble some chocolate.....enjoy the rest of the Easter Weekend everyone
Warmest wishes
Anita..xxx

6 comments:

  1. The ckaes look delicious Anita. Love both the layouts and was lucky enough to see these being created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm chocolate! Lent fast over now :)
    Cakes look delish!
    Beautiful layouts too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm those cakes are looking yumm. Beautiful pages again Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita the LO's are fab I love the way you have done the doilies I need more MS punches lol. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous layouts and papers and pics and yummy cakes too.... what more can one ask for?
    Hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layouts Anita - love how you have made your own doiley.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.