Tuesday 12 October 2010

All About Me......

Evening all :)

I had totally forgotten to blog this layout that I made at Cardinal Colours Retreat last month, it was a fantastic class by Lovely Laura and I soooo enjoyed being able to take part in it ( thanks Jill.xx)
Laura's style is wonderful and she is a great teacher, she is full of enthusiasm and I have to say it rubs off on people. She encouraged us...nay...instructed us to use up as much of the embellies as possible ( which I found hard I have to confess, I try to stretch my stash as far as it can go normally lol)I believe I am right in saying her motto was 'Use it or lose it'.....I think I need to do that more often


We used some delicious Sassafrass papers from the Indie girl range and matching embellies, really lovely to work with. I also added some bling and some big clear buttons that I backed with some of the left over scraps.
I pinched some of the petals to give them a 3d effect


The photo was taken by Chloe in August 2006, just after I had my 2nd tattoo done. I really don't like having my photot taken and feel much more comfortable being behind the lens....however, if you place a camera in the hands of a child, it makes you feel more comfortable being the subject for some reason. I really like the photo too (thanks Chloe for managing to capture me without my 6 chins lol)



I really do love this page, I just need to get my butt in gear and do the journalling on it....now THAT is something I have a real problem with....journalling.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anita. love the way you added to it too.
    Fun to see how different they all ended up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful take on the class Anita (I still have to get around to blogging mine), liking the extras you have added...and the backing of the clear buttons too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see this being created Anita. Great photo Chloe. Love your addiional embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to get some different ideas, isn't it? I've loved every page I've seen from the retreat - and this layout is just fab! Love the detail and the colours and I've seen that photo before - but it is a great one of you. Pinching those petals really adds something to them, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that layout is amazing! all those details! it must have taken ages to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning hun, love all the elements you have used and the colours are gorgeous! Love the piccy of you too ;-)

    I am with you on stash stretching and would have broken into a cold sweat at Laura's use it or lose it instruction lol!!

    Sorry I have been such a rubbish blogger recently and thank you for still taking the time to come and knock on my blog door haha!

    Take care hun

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.