Wednesday 6 January 2010

A masculine card and one for a friend.




I have had both the girls off school today due to the snow and lots of teachers not being able to get in. Its strange nowadays, the teachers seem to come from miles away to the schools, years ago it used to be local people that were the teachers, sometimes with the caretaker or head even living right next to the school itself.



Anyway, Lauren went out for a few hours and played in the snow with her friends, Chloe stayed in the warm with me and we crafted. I managed to make 2 cards, the first one being the first proper masculine card I have ever made. This is a Thank you from the girls to a guy I used to work with, He sends them £5 in a christmas card every year, bless him. He plays guitar for a local country and western band and so I thought he might like this style of card.





The 2nd card was a 8 x 8 birthday one, that I bought already pre- embossed. I used one of the other lovely images that Karen kindly stamped for me ( Thank you Karen..xx). I also used my 2" square punch and my Martha Stewart doily lace punch and a mixture of various blossoms. Also popped on a couple of dangly charms I made. I hope my friend likes it :)














Well, we now have nearly 5 inches of snow on our front lawn, the grass disappeared under it this morning by 11am and the road is dreadful. The main roads through the town were ok about 7pm, but a friend just text and said how bad they are now. I guess its going to be pretty crappy in the morning as they have forecast it minus 4 overnight, so all that lovely soft fluffy stuff will be lethal.... Oh well...xxx stay safe!..xx






4 comments:

  1. More fabby cards - not made any yet this year but hope to do some at the weekend. Love your masculine card I always really struggle doing those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Anita :) The masculine one is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah and Karen :), I must admit it did make a nice change to do one that wasn;t all flowery or glittery..xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.