Sunday 11 October 2009

Totally Inspired...............



Totally Inspired .........













by the incredible Gabrielle Pollaco. She has long been a favourite of mine and never fails to inspire and make me want to scrap better. I have been working on this page on and off for a

couple of days now and I am really thrilled with the result.


After going away with my best friends, who are all very talented ladies, in April to a scrapping retreat I came home to a wonderful welcome from Dale and the girls.


But Chloe had made a special welcome home present for me. She had spent a long time with a pair of scissors and some leaves from the garden and made me this Welcome Home message. What a little treasure eh! And I thought it deserved a page. I have used Basic Grey,AC Glitter thickers, MM Mini Alpha Stickers, Prima Bling and other pearls and crystals, Stickles and mettallic thread.




What a welcome home!





Today has been a really busy one for us all. I spent most of this morning ironing, hairwashing and scrapping, then went for a stroll to find Dale and Chloe who were out skating ( well Chloe was anyway!) Then I came home and made 2 cards!! Yes me....who is so NOT a card maker! And I am really chuffed to bits with them, hope to upload some pics tomorrow.




Whilst I was busy scrapping with Chloe in the lounge, Dale and Lauren were busy in the kitchen. Dale fancied having a try at making some shortbread....and I have to say it was truly scrumptious and I can definitely say I look forward to the next batch they make!




Ingredients
125g/4oz butter55g/2oz caster sugar180g/6oz plain flour
Method
1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.2. Beat the butter and the sugar together until pale.3. Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.4. Cut into rounds or fingers and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 20 minutes. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden. Cool on a wire rack.


And that was our sunday......so I guess its back to work in the morning!


Warmest wishes

Anita..xx





























4 comments:

  1. Great LO and biscuits made my mouth water!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thought by Chloe. Its nice to be loved. And Dale baking, what a treasure. hang on to him lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful of Chloe (that is the difference with girls ;))....another stunner of a layout Anita I love it (and not just because of it being purple). Well done Dale on the baking!!!! That looked scrummy (and thanks for the recipe too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go away again!!

    Layout is fab as always and the shortbreat looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.